Zero or low calorie food for weight loss – Is it possible?
Calories from food provide the energy that your body needs to function and stay alive.
When you eat, your body uses energy to digest that food. When your body will spend more calories/ energy in digesting the food and extracting all of the good nutrients from them than the total amount of calories the food contains. Let’s take an example, Food Z has 50 calories. While digesting it your body is burning 50 calories than that food will be called zero-calorie food.
These foods are low in calories but have high nutrient value. Many nutritionists today add this food in the diet chart to get desired results. The process of including zero calories food in diet for weight loss is called thermogenesis.
Benefits of low calories food
Most of these foods are high in fiber and water content.
They are rich in vitamins and minerals. Besides, they are loaded with antioxidants so they detoxify your body.
Low calories Indian street Food
Chana chaat (chickpea salad)
Chana chaat or Kala chana chat also knows as chickpea salad. It is best for weight loss. Also, it’s very healthy for your body and boost immunity. Chana contains vitamins and protein which gives you energy. It is a healthy diet you must add this in your daily life.
You need sprouted chana for this recipe. You have to keep chickpea in water overnight and then in the morning drain out the water (optional – After the overnight sprouting you can also cook them in a pressure cooker up to two whistles with 2-3 glass water a with pinch of salt).
- Green chili
- Coriander leaves
- Chat masala
- Black salt
- Black pepper
How to make
- Mix the chana with chopped vegetables (Cucumber, capsicum, tomato, onion, mint, olives, coriander leaves) and add half lemon juice. After that add black pepper with chat masala and a pinch of black salt. Mix them properly and now enjoy your salad.
- You can add and removes veggies according to your taste.
Multi grain sandwich
It’s time to add a little colour, flavour, and yumminess to your day with the healthy Multi-grain Sandwich. This healthy yet heavenly recipe truly works wonders as a nutritious breakfast meal and is also very easy to make. How about you give it a try?
- Great source of energy
- Helps in maintaining a healthy colon.
- ½ cup par boiled potatoes
- ¼ cup capsicum finely chopped
- ½ cup beetroot grated
- 1 tbsp cucumber grated
- 1 finely chopped tomato
- 1 tbsp chopped green chillies
- Black pepper and salt
- 100 gm cheddar cheese
- Nutralite pudina and coriander spread
- Multigrain bread
- Multigrain bread is a good source of dietary fibre and high in complex carbohydrate
- It also contains essential minerals like magnesium, copper and Iron.
How to make
- Get the grill machine or toaster on. It’s important to heat it before.
- Now start making the filling
- Take a bowl and put potatoes, capsicum beetroot, cucumber, tomato and chillies in the quantity that have mentioned before.
- Now add pepper and salt as per taste. Also, add fresh coriander.
- Add grated cheese and mix the mixture.
- Now you take the bread and spread the neutrality on it.
- Fill your bread with your prepared mixture.
- Spread the neutrality on the top of your sandwich and put it in the toaster then grill it.
- Enjoy your healthy multi-grain sandwich.
A fruit chaat ( salad) quick low calories and no cooking snack option using only fruits. We make this chaat only using fruits and give an exotic touch with orange juice which is highly nourishing.
If one of the fruit is not in season, so you can easily avoid it as the other fruit will give you your share of nutrition.
- ½ cup sliced bananas
- ¼ cup pomegranate
- ¾ cup apple cubes
- 1 cup apple cubes
- ¼ cup black grapes
- 1 cup papaya cubes
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander and mint leaves
- Chaat masala ¼ tsp black salt
How to make
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and toss well.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Serve chilled.
Churmuri is a tasty and very popular Karnataka street food with low calories. It’s made of puffed rice and collections of vegetables like onion, tomato, cucumber, carrot, mango, pineapple alongside flavours and green chutney. Masala Mandakki or Girmit in North Karnataka is additionally a form of churumuri.
- One can discover at any rate 20 assortments of churmuri in the menu of any Churmuri Stalls. Varieties are principally either with the expansion of vegetables/natural products or with Namkeens like Nippattu.
Health benefits of churmuri
- Contains high amounts of carbohydrates that can improve your energy immediately.
- Contains dietary fiber helps to optimize the bowel movement and help to improve body metabolism.
- Puff rice is a rich source of vitamin D, calcium, iron, and fiber. Ensures you have strong bones and teeth.
- Helps to possesses low sodium content and also helps in regulating the blood pressure levels.
- Contains neurotransmitter nutrients, help to improve brain developments and cognitive function.
- Due to the abundance of vitamin B and mineral, it increases disease prevention.
- It is very low in calories helps reduce weight and also reduces the chance of a heart attack.
- Puffed rice
- Roasted peanuts
- Red chilli
- Coriander leaves
- Green chilli
- Coconut oil (secret ingredient)
- Take puffed rice, salt as per taste, a pinch of turmeric, chilli powder in a bowl, add 1 tbsp of coconut oil and mix it. Optionally you can also add chat masala for taste.
- Now add roasted peanuts as well as finned chopped vegetables. Add green chilli as per taste, you can also add mangoes during mango season for a better taste.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your low calories snack.
Mixed dal dosa
Mixed Dal Dosa is an amazing and super tasty dish. It is a great option to have for breakfast as it will keep you full for a longer time. It also gives you efficient nutrients, especially protein.
Mixed dal and rice dosa give 73 calories. Out of which carbohydrate comprise 49 calories, protein account for 11 calories and remaining calories comes from fat which is 13 calories.
It gives you 4 % of total daily calories need of a standard adult diet of 2000 calories.
- 1 tbsp chana dal ( split Bengal gram)
- ¼ cup of arhar daal
- 1 tbsp moong
- ½ cup of washed and drained rice.
- 1 tbsp wheat washed and drained
- Chilli powder, turmeric powder and finely chopped coriander
- 2 ½ tsp oil
- Combine the rice, all daal in a bowl and soak it in water for 2 hours.
- Drain well and blend it with 1 ½ cup of water.
- Now add salt to the mixture after that keep the batter aside to ferment in a warm place for 12 hours.
- Add spices ( chilli powder, turmeric powder) and coriander. Now mix it well.
- The batter is ready for making dosa and serves the dosa with sambhar and love.